I remember using Edge Shave Gel back in college. Glad to see the brand is doing new things with the launch of its new Cleansing variant – Edge Cleansing Shave Gel! Join me as I get a professional shave, up my dating game, and go bowling with the help of Edge Shave Gel!
Dandy In The Bronx is a paid endorser of Edge.
the perfect date night
I was invited to celebrate the launch of Edge Shave Gel’s new Cleansing variant – which uses a blend of facial cleansers that lift away dirt and oil to give you a smooth, irritation-free shave. The theme of the night was getting the perfect shave to prep you for the perfect date night. The event took place at a bowling alley. Bowling alley? Perfect date night? I see where this is going.
To reinforce the dating theme, professional dating expert John Keegan was there. I had a chance to speak with him and chat about pro tips on dating. Here are five dating tips that John gave me.
Don’t be a shyguy
1. When sitting across from someone, copy paste their behavior. For example, if they lean in, so should you. If they lean back, you lean back, too. It’s a great way to establish trust and put your partner at ease.
2. When approaching someone, keep your body language facing outwards, not boxed-in. One way to feel confident about doing this is by having your grooming game on point. Perhaps a close shave with Edge Cleansing Shave Gel?
3. Don’t be a shyguy. Also, don’t take shyness as lack of interest in you. Trust your gut, and be open to sharing your opinion or feelings. Spoilers, they want to get to know you. Also, people can be shy when first meeting someone on a date – don’t assume they’re not interested in you; it’s very possible they’re just shy.
4. Confidence is key. Be you and keep that spark that attracted people to you in the first place. Dressing well and making sure you have a great shave can help you get over that hump.
5. Trust your gut. If you meet someone and feel instinctively that you are meant to connect, honor that instinct and don’t let the fear of rejection stop you from pursuing that person.
My confidence booster
I asked the master barber, Gary Aranov of Bedford Barbers in NYC, if I should shave it all off and he recommended to just clean up my cheeks and neck instead. I guess facial hair works for me – that’s my confidence booster! Find out what style works for you and run with it. It’s what makes you feel comfortable that can build your confidence – and Edge Shave Gel helps to give me that comfortable shave.
Edge has really grown up since I knew them way back. If you don’t know how Edge Shave Gel works, it creates a protective layer of lubricating molecules to help your razor give you a close shave with less irritation.
Edge Cleansing Shave Gel has a special blend of facial cleansers that lift away dirt and oil to leave skin feeling clean and comfortable. With that edge (see what I did there?) your face will feel great and in turn you’ll feel comfortable and you’ll have a great date. Pick up the new in the link below and let me know how you prep for date night. has really grown up since I knew them way back. If you don’t know how a shave gel works, it creates a protective layer of lubricating molecules to help your razor give you a close shave with less irritation.
With Alex of @a_l_officialpage
Shot by Makena Granger
Thanks for reading, y’all stay dandy. 😎
(Some of these links contain affiliate links, so that means if you click and buy something, I get a cut. It helps keep the site going! Full Disclosure)
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Edge® Shave Gel, but all opinions are my own.